Skip to main content

Life-changing times

My experiences

Within the last weeks I discovered so many things. I got confronted with situations and problems I never thought about. I got into a complete new culture. A different world. I made the step out of home and my comfort zone. Every day I experienced something new and different. Every day I felt new and unknown feelings.

Since 16th September I got to know the Taiwanese kindness, the beautiful nature and the excellent food. I met and talked to so many people from all different nations. I started a job and carry full responsibility for the things I do. I learned how to plan a tour and guide it. I gained skills in writing and made experiences in journalism. Now I know what it means to have a full time job and still do all the things that have to be done in addition.
I also experienced getting homesick and being at a low point, completely unhappy and unsatisfied with my situation. But as well, standing up again. Making changes. Getting the situation and my life into the right shape.
Furthermore gained knowledge about writing and local culture: Taoism, Taiwanese history (especially the 228 incident), values, Japanese and Chinese influences, architecture style, traditions and the Taiwanese way of thinking.

And now I got to a point where I can say that I got used to the life here and got along with all the new circumstances.
Especially my girlfriend, my family and my best friend give me strength and grip to carry on. Thank you for all your support!
I am still curious about what is the next part of my journey. Which experiences will I face and how will this change my point of view?
You all read my stories and I really like to share these with you. I hope you enjoy them and I can give you a little view of my life in Taiwan.

All in all I enjoyed my time until now and I am enjoying every day. 



Lukas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planing how to plan/25 days left

Social-Networks Hey, please check out my twitter and instagram (@_luk3g) for current information and photos. New read Fist of all, thanks to my uncle Daniel without him I would propably freeze on flight and wouldn't find any sleep - quite apart from the fact that I would have no idea of what is important to pack, what kind of backpack etc. So much to do  Some kind of stress and a huge amount of different to-do-lists are heading up in front of me: Flight: neck pillow ohropax eye shades warm socks First aid kit: aspirin iboprofen bandage asthma inhaler nose spray plaster several salves medicine for special deseases in Taiwan? (contact health insurance) Other stuff I need to do: visit oculist visit dentist repair headset buy a suitable backpack make copies of all important passes etc voltage converter buy keyboard for iPad crate a packing list You see... so much to do... did I forget something? Do you have any ideas what w...

Facets

Hello Everybody! A lot of things happened within the last two weeks. Now I found some time to share a few things with you: Music I found a great place to practice drums. The music store where I bought my guitar offers a room with a drum set for 50 NTD per hour. That is about 1,25 EUR. Incredibly cheap! I try to go there two times a week to keep my level and have some fun! I am really happy I found this! Taipei at it's best Another thing I just discovered is Taipei. Yes I have been here now for almost three months and just now I discover Taipei's facets. This city is so amazing. You can reach almost everything you want within one hour. If you want something historical, visit Dadaocheng, the part of the city where Taipei started growing. From there the aboriginal tribes sold their goods to China. This part has a lot of this feeling. I don't know how to describe this right. You feel like traveled back in time. Many old buildings, no tourism, a lot of old people sell...

Projects and PHOTOS

YouTube I just started a YouTube channel and I really want to post some videos but currently I am not able to because there are so many new things. Everything changes and I just need time to get used to it. I have many ideas for cool vlogs and other projects. For example I want to collect peoples' first impressions on Taiwan and Taipei. I want to record this with my iPad. My aim is to post a Video like this every 5 to 8 weeks and see if something changes. Maybe due to weather or other circumstances in Taiwan. Walkabout Tour The Walkabout Tour is part of my work as trainee in Topology Travel ( topologytravel.com ). It is a tour for locals to visit uncommon places in and around Taipei. Jesper, another trainee, and I are supposed to, first be a tour guide for a recent tour and then create our own tour to a place we decide. I really appreciate this work because it is very independent and we have much space to do the things the way we want to. We have many ideas and enough ti...