Skip to main content

How I feel about my planned travelling, photography and stats!

Stats

Thank you a lot everybody! A few days ago this Blog reached more than 3100 views in all time. That is amazing and a great feedback for me! Thank you for reading and sharing my blog!

Here you can see a picture of my stats last month!:



Traveling!

Unbelievable but true! I t is Christmas and my time in Taiwan will end soon. I will work two weeks more in office and then I will have a two weeks travel all around Taiwan!
I am very exited, curious what I will see and experience on my journey! During my trip I will do a lot of hiking and try to get off the beaten track. At the moment my itinerary is almost finished and I can start booking the Hostels and Hotels to stay.
Especially my three day trip to Lanyu, a small island close to the southern part of Taiwan, is making me feel happy. But also the stunning and bewitching areas of Taroko, Alishan and Sun Moon Lake create a feeling which is hard to describe. A mix of anticipation and challenge but with the small part of insecurity which makes everything so exiting and fascinating.
The weather should be nice during the two weeks. In the south it is usually warm and dry these times.
And of course I will take photos and share them with you!

After traveling around Taiwan one week of office working is waiting in Taipei. After this week I will travel from Taiwan to Palawan (Philippines) to get one week of nice beaches and warm weather, swimming and relaxing. A few days later I will visit a good friend in Tokyo and one week later I will be in Penang, where another good friend of mine spent one year! I hope for some good advice and hidden spots.
Hong Kong will be my last visit for a few days. Then back to Germany!


My current feelings?

Exited, curious but also frightened and a bit unsure. A huge cocktail of different moods. But the thrill of anticipation prevails. The anticipation of seeing new things and organizing everything by myself! This might be a bit stressful, but the feeling to be independent and take all the responsibility is really nice. I have to feeling to get mature. And that this is a nice feeling, not a bad one.

In comparison to the feelings I had when I traveled to Taiwan I would say that I gained a lot more experience in organizing myself and got more confident in being alone and travel by oneself. I am not so scared of the new situation coming up.



Photos

I capture a lot of Photos here. A selection will be uploaded frequently on my Flickr. So check it out!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129881066@N03/





















Thank you and see you next week!
Lukas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Credits

CREDITS Topology Travel     Peter - Thank you for being a nice boss, although we didn't see each other a lot, I always enjoyed working with you. Steve - Especially developing and improving the walkabout tour was an everyday joy. Thank you for all your kindness and advice. Core -  Always a smile on your face and a happy welcome. Working with you was a pleasure for me. Linda -  I still remember all the times we laughed together in office! Even a bad day turned good with a afternoon sitting next to you! Jesper - I hope you are fine and still remember the time we got lost around Taipei Zoo! It was a pleasure to work with you and doing the walkabout tours with you!! Alan - We spent some time doing music together! I also enjoyed our visit in Tamsui University! Thank you for giving me this opportunities. To the rest of the office : I am sorry if I didn't meniton you here. I enjoyed working with you and all the fun times we had in office. I learned a lot fro

Why Toby and Thelmas Camping is worth travelling any distance to.

Paradise After an amazing, silent night with the calming sound of the ocean in the background, I woke up and got out of my tent to recognize I was in paradise: Camping The campground is only small and offers space for maximum 15 persons. The small group of guests provided the opportunity of a friendly and relaxing atmosph ere. Moreover the bewitching environment, the friendly staff and the amazing food made this campground a priceless experience for me. The price of about 26 € per night included three meals a day (two buffet meals and a breakfast) and free use of all equipment for example Kayaks.  I took a ten minute ride to the next small island everyday.  This small Island was called "the office" It was the only opportunity to get some Internet and a call from my girlfriend. Actually this week was very hard for the relationship. The time difference, a bad connection, we were able hear each other only a few times

Long time no see!

Arriving in Tokyo was a two parted experience. My first thought when I left the airplane was: It's so cold!  And yes, I felt the 30 degree drop from Phillipines to Tokyo.  The cold air soaked me in as soon as I left the airplane. The second thought was: I am going to meet a good friend soon! Ruben and I are friends since we met in school. He decided to go to Tokyo for one year and I decided to go to Taiwan, so the decision was easy to visit Tokyo. The city itself is a very busy, modern, weird, full, vibrant and traditional place at the same time. Nothing like Taipei or Manila. The buildings are large around the touristic parts but get lower as soon as you leave them. I immediately felt lost in the urban jungle. It was freezing in that time and although I got sick we went out every day to see the all the different facettes that Tokyo offers. Another thing you should consider if you are going to visit Tokyo, is that it is super expensive. I spent the money f